Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanks

We headed to New York City for Thanksgiving to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. While I've never been alive for another Thanksgiving, this one seemed pretty cool. Our awesome friends, the Spencers, got us reservations at a restaurant on the parade route which ensured - rain or shine - we had a perfect viewing area. The restaurant even had a private section on the sidewalk so short people like me could catch all of the action.

The parade was fun. I liked the marching bands and the giant balloons the most. I tried to see it all, but that parade is LONG so I might have taken a little nap. Joan Rivers, Kanye West, ICarly, and Jessica Simpson were some of the mixed bag of celebrities on the floats (honestly, I have no idea who any of them are).

This holiday is cool. It reminds us to say thanks for everything we have - family, soccer balls, friends, toy trucks, sippy cups, books, fruit smoothies - I could go on and on. Anyway, if I haven't said it lately, thanks. My family and I are sure lucky to have you in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!