Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Seussville"

With my Utah grandparents in town last weekend, we celebrated my first birthday a bit early (the actual day is November 30th). We had a Dr. Seuss themed party complete with funny hats, flying kites, and wacky lawn cut outs.
 



My mom and dad channeled Van Gogh and painted a Cat in the Hat cut out so each kid got a photo with their head sticking through it. Using lots of bright colors they also painted a bunch of other Dr. Seuss signs including a "Once-ler" sign (from the Lorax book) and a "Zoo" sign (from Put Me in the Zoo).

The bigger kids played games including a socks race (from Fox in Sox) and a Thing 1 and Thing 2 relay (from The Cat in the Hat) while us little guys got pulled around in my new Radio Flyer wagon - thanks Grandma & Grandpa.

My Uncle Eduardo was the only adult to take the challenge to try and balance 10 hats at the same time (from I Wish that I had Duck Feet). If I put the ten hats on, you can't even see me. He got creative an actually did it! What a stud.

I got my first taste of cake and let's just say I'm a fan. Everyone thought I'd smash it or play with it, but boy were they wrong. I patiently ate every last delicious morsel and when it was gone, I even took a bite of my paper plate, just to make sure I got it all. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.

I definitely could get use to this birthday stuff, bring on #2!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday little man! You can eat cake, yes you can! You can eat it with a hat, you can eat it with a cat. You can eat it with a spoon or with a Linny Loon! You're so cute, don't you see? We're glad on earth you came to be!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!