Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Viva Mexico!

We took a last-minute trip to Cancun, Mexico and let me just say right now, that place is a little slice of Heaven. Endless water, warm sunshine, and the largest sandbox I've ever seen! (Though people kept calling it a beach.) My parents were so excited for a relaxing vacation they were jumping for joy - literally!

I flashed my smile when we checked in to the hotel and they gave us a beach-front villa - score! So each day I napped on our beach patio listening to the ocean waves or in a hammock under the palm trees, not bad at all.

I played (okay, watched) my first round of golf. I'm not sure which was cooler - chewing on my dad's putter or the eight-foot alligator that was 40' away from me when I was crawling around on the greens! YIKES!!!

The property we stayed at had more than 15 swimming pools so I swam every day until my feet looked like lumpy, over-sized prunes. Not to worry, I wore a big, goofy hat the hole time.

I was pretty much the only pint-sized person at the resort, so I got lots of attention and several old people commented on my hefty thighs - apparently they're one of my best features. The one thing that was my size were the iguanas. But they too, were so relaxed that it didn't matter how much I squealed, they just relaxed in the sun.

Mexico left me a bit tanner, a bit wiser (I learned the word "Hola!"), and a bit more ready for the NEXT vacation - vamanos!

Check out our trip video by hitting the play button below....

2 comments:

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!