Saturday, September 18, 2010

S'more Please

If camping is for the birds, I want to be a bird! We went on our very first camping trip this weekend. While my mom has camped lots, my dad and I were new to the whole "sleeping on dirt" thing. Our tent was pretty cool; that's me peeking out in the picture. 

My dad eased in to the night by doing what he called "supervising." (I think it means you watch other people do the work.) First he supervised the fire being started, then the tent being put up, then he tossed our foil dinners in the fire pit and supervised them until they were done. But once those dinners were cooked, he was done supervising - he jumped in and took charge of eating that yummy deliciousness.

Aside from the encounter with the daddy long legs spider in our tent, my dad played it really cool the whole trip. I had no idea he could scream in such a high pitch tone!

As you may have heard, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the outdoors, so all night I was going 100 miles an hour - watching the fire burn, listening to the crickets chirp, seeing the kids run with flashlights, and of course, learning how to build a s'more - yum! My parents brought sleeping bags, pillows, and the pack-n-play. That pack-n-play never got much use, I preferred to stay up the whole night and explore the outdoors and camping. My mom took this photo at 3:45am - that grin was on my face the WHOLE night!

Our first camping trip as a family is now in the books. Even though my parents look a bit tired today, I say it was a huge success. I had a blast, and really, what else matters. I am definitely hooked on this camping thing and can't wait for s'more outdoors! 

1 comment:

  1. Can't say that I'm sad I missed your 4 am rally! Hope your Dad is up for a life time of camping. Tell him to continue the "supervising". It's the only way to go. :-)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!