Thursday, September 9, 2010

Surprise!

A few days before Labor Day my parents decided to buy tickets to Utah and surprise our friends and family with an unannounced arrival. We let Staci St.Jeor in on our secret and she agreed to pick us up at the airport. Our original plan was a bit altered when we arrived at my grandparents house and found no one there - they were out at my Aunt and Uncle's lake. So my parents looked around the house, found a key to a car in the garage, and off we went!

As we drove up to the lake, we didn't see anyone we knew - they were in the boats and on the ATV. So it took a few minutes for our surprise to happen, but when it did, we got a perfect reaction. My grandma was about 500 yards from us when she realized who we were and jumped out of the ATV and started running towards us. Luckily my Aunt Margo reminded my grandma to get back in the ATV and she'd drive to us. We got the same type of reaction from my grandpa and Uncle Rick when they turned the boat near the shore and said, "Holy cow! What are you guys doing here!??!" Our sneaky arrival was a big hit.

So we put on our swim trunks and skied and swam the rest of the day at the lake.On Saturday, the Stevenson and St.Jeor families joined us out at the lake for a second day of water sports. Sunday my parents golfed with my grandpa while my grandma and I played. Then my parents challenged my grandparents to a game a of tennis and I played with Brenna and Tate - it was awesome!

Sunday night lots of friends and family stopped by to see us. I impressed everyone with my Cheerio eating (and throwing skills) and showcased my hand clapping and squealing skills - the crowd went wild.

Monday we hopped back on the plane and headed home. People sure make funny faces when they're being surprised, kind of like when you get licked by a dog, but without the after taste!

1 comment:

  1. Bodie, you have the life! Is there anything your parents won't do?

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!