Friday, September 10, 2010

Lucky Duck

I had a recent check-up with my cardiologist and he said "Everything here looks great!" (I assumed I was the "here" in his remarks.) He put the goopy gel on the wand and rolled it over my heart while the machine took pictures. The Gortex patch on my heart is a perfect match for my body - but what else would you expect! My dad said, "Doc, so he'll be a strong athlete?" The doc's response, "Well, he won't be limited by his heart...just his mother." (Insert glare by my mom here.)

My mom also used the stethoscope to listen to my heart. Because it will always have a murmur, I'm told my heart sounds more like waves crashing at the beach instead of at the "thump thump" most people's hearts sound like. Again, ocean wave sounds inside my body - it's like my insides are already surfing - what else would you expect!

All looked so good that I don't need to see my cardiologist until NEXT September! Yeah baby - that's what I'm talking about! (Um doc, don't take offense by my excitement - I'm happy to see you at the park, but prefer fewer visits to your office.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!