Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hut One, Hut Two,Hike!

Yes, I'm completely obsessed with football, but the title implies more than just football. But while we're on the topic, my mom caught some of my football energy on video - check it out.

One of my uncles came to town (get it, hut "one") for a quick business trip and I got to hang out with him for the evening. Uncle Nick is awesome. He chases me around the yard, helps me look for rocks, and reads to me. I'm pretty lucky to have him as my uncle.

I had a playdate with my buddy Abigail this week at the Building Zone in the Building Museum (get it, "hut" two). The place is HUGE so regardless of the weather outside, you have a gigantic place to run and run and run. In the Building Zone you can build stuff with different materials and dress up like different people involved in building. As always, I chose to wear safety equipment (I think I might be giving my parents a complex!)

And finally, last night we went camping. Yes, my dad's memory has faded a bit about our camping experience last year when I only slept 90 minutes the entire night. (see post http://piantanidafamily.blogspot.com/2010/09/smore-please.html )
My dad was amazing. He totally embraced camping this time. He pitched the tent, helped with food, sang songs around the campfire - he was a total pro. And as for our tent...have you seen the Taj Mahal? Our tent - for three of us, and I really only count as a half - was 17'x9' in size. There was seven feet of empty space between my pack n' play and my parents when we went to bed. I'm pretty sure my dad's attitude change towards camping might have something to do with his sleeping accommodations increasing by 4x's the space! Oh, and speaking of sleeping, I did a lot of it this time, so there will be MUCH more camping in our future.

Our camping food was 4 star. We - and by we I don't mean me - cooked everything in the campfire. First sauteed asparagus and marinated mushrooms. I ate ten pieces of asparagus; yes, I loved it. Our main course was foil dinners of ground turkey, carrots, onions and seasoning. Mmm! After dinner we sang around the campfire, looked at stars and then headed to bed.

This morning we got the day started with a hike up Sugarloaf Mountain (get it, "hike"). It was a steep climb with lots of big rocks and logs along the way. Lucky for me my dad is a super hero and charged to the top so we could check out this view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!