Monday, September 5, 2011

An All American Week

This week was pretty average for us, but after last week (earthquake, hurricane, flood), we're grateful for average. My mom has decided I'm old enough to start helping in the kitchen - I'll be two in a few months you know. This week I helped make homemade chocolate chip cookies, waffle batter, and homemade pizza. My mom had to cut extra toppings for the pizza because I would put one topping on the pizza and one in my mouth - yum!

And speaking of pizza, I played in one this week! My buddy Tristan and I went to the national zoo and jumped all over the pizza park. It's a giant foam-like pizza with huge mushrooms, tomatoes, peperoni, and an olive to climb through - it's awesome. I'm getting better at my animal sitings and don't call everything a "dog" anymore. But you've got to admit, a lot of stuff looks like a horse and I've decided every animal says "ROAR!" because that's the funnest animal sound to make.

Saturday morning we went for a 20 mile bike ride, down to the Potomac, and past the airport. It was perfect weather - except for the momentary thundershower. Then I took a nap while my parents headed to the golf course for a few quick round of nine.

Sunday morning we parked at the monuments and went for a jog around the tidal basin. My parents told me about Dr. Martin Luther King and we visited the new monument that just opened in his honor on the tidal basin. It's 28 feet tall and is equidistant between the Lincoln and Jefferson memorials - very neat symbolism.

Monday we were thankful for the laborers who have worked so hard that my parents got the day off in honor of Labor Day. They snuck out before 7am for an ealy tee time while I played with my babysitter Jordan. In the afternoon we headed to my cousins' house in Potomac Falls to play.

Like I said, a pretty average week and I loved every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!