Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Staycation

We've heard the trendy word "staycation," (meaning, staying at home for a vacation), but we'd never tried it until this past Memorial Day weekend. And after three days of vacation in our own home, we must say, we're fans!

The weather cooperated perfectly and we enjoyed every second. The weekend began with a family bike ride and delicious crepes with the Lucias. Then we played tennis with the Vets, watched the Markeys play soccer, and swam with the Elias. Monday we golfed with Cornelia and M.O., swam again but this time with Cornelia, and ended the weekend with a family run. Does it get any better than that!?!?!!

Oh, there was one minor incident. Bodie was napping inside and Dave and I were lying on the hammock outside when all of a sudden we heard a loud tearing noise - the sound of a man splitting his pants on a cartoon. Next I hear my big, tough husband scream like a 13 year old girl and the two of us end up on the ground. The hammock ripped in two.

And if that weren't bad enough, the FIRST thing Dave says to me wasn't "Are you okay?" or "Sorry I screamed like a girl," or "Can I help you up my beautiful bride." Nope, this is the direct quote, "Lucky I was on the hammock with you." Um, thanks Dave.

My thought - it ripped where HE was sitting and by the way, why did he scream like a girl? Our total fall height was maybe eighteen inches. Good grief.

But LOTS of laughter followed. Really, who rips a hammock in half? That stuff only happens in the movies.

Oh, and all comments directed to Dave on this blog post are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!