Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hiding Stuff

I've discovered the joy of items that open and close and can hold stuff. This includes, but is definitely not limited to, clothes hampers, garbage cans, the freezer and refrigerator, kitchen cupboards, dresser drawers, and the washer and dryer. It's simply fascinating. You open the lid/door/drawer, items go in, and then you close it. Wa-la, it's magic. Now you see it, now you don't.

I don't think my mom finds it quite as fascinating as I do. I've overheard her a few times when she found some of my hidden items....When she found my Good Night Moon book in the ice drawer in the freezer, "Good grief Bodie." When she found twelve musical instruments including a tambourine and drum stick in my hamper, "Seriously Bodie?" When she walked by the washing machine and noticed something "extra" inside - a wiffle ball I'd added to the load - "Bodie, balls don't go in the washing machine."

A few weeks ago I was playing at a friends house and when my mom came to get me, no one could find my shoes. "I just had them," my friend's mom said curiously looking around, "They didn't run away by themselves." Five minutes of searching produced nothing. My mom decided to leave, figuring they'd eventually turn up and we'd get them later when my friend's mom came running out of the house, "The garbage. They were in the garbage can." Of course people, where else would they be. Garbage cans are cool. Some have lids that go up and down, some have the rounded top with the spinner lid, there are endless options for fun.

This week I was playing at my buddy Jackson's house. Jackson is a few months younger than me, so he hadn't discovered the garbage yet. I found their silverware and proceeded to show him all of my tricks. One by one, I tossed their silverware into the garbage. Luckily Jackson's mom is really cool and instead of throwing me in the garbage, she pulled out the video camera. Here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRzoHOPcRH0&feature=player_embedded

1 comment:

  1. I bet you'd love to explore the inside of the garbage! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!