Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sweeeeet 16!

If you follow our blog, you know I love anything about balls - throwing them, catching them, watching others throw and catch them, I take one wherever I go - I even dream about balls. I honestly can't get enough.

So when my dad told me about March Madness, I thought I was in Heaven. Are you kidding me? A month dedicated to throwing basketballs? I immediately started practicing my dribble. Maybe they'd need a sub.

My dad explained the brackets to me, then helped me with my picks. While I didn't really know what I was doing, I used his tips and picked some obvious favorites, a few Cinderella's, and lastly, based my choices on uniform colors. I have Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, and BYU in the final four. So far, these teams are still in the hunt. And for the record, I'm currently in third in my dad's office pool - ahead of my dad - not bad for a half pint!

After watching several nail biters, or in my case, finger suckers, I TOTALLY get the madness - these college games have a lot of excitement. I'm lucky if I can dunk from the 1 inch line, Jimmer hits it 5 feet outside the three point line! My biggest challenge is staying awake for the games - these guys sure do have late bed times! I'm hoping to count a few basketballs tonight as I watch the first half of the University of Florida / BYU game before I count sheep!

Maybe you can help me negotiate my bedtime by commenting on this post. Or perhaps they can mount a flat screen above my crib - that's not too eccentric, is it? And who have you picked to win it?
Up next, the elite eight. Go Cougars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!