Friday, March 18, 2011

Green

This week's theme was "green." Me and my buddy Dru visited the library which I think is environmentally "green" because we borrowed books rather than purchasing them. I got a bunch of Spot books - but wasn't too impressed - and also a book called Pigs to the Rescue. That one made my parents laugh at the end, but I didn't get the joke, oh well. Hey, I'm always looking for good books, if you have a recommendation, I'd love to hear it!)


Then came St. Patrick's Day. THAT is definitely a green day! My mom made us green eggs and a green smoothie for breakfast, talk about DEEE-licious! I heard you get pinched if you're not wearing green. Let me say, that is just mean. So out of fear, I wore green all day and carried around my green ball - to be doubly safe. What did you do?

And today we spent the whole day in our yard and I worked on my "green" thumb. The city delivered a humongous pile of mulch, we're talking monster truck mound-sized! I supervised the shoveling of the mulch and then insisted upon a ride in the wheel barrow, each time, from the mulch pile to the flower beds. As we traveled throughout the yard, I threw mulch out of the wheel barrow - like I was in a parade! Once the mulch was dumped, I'd hop back in and hitch a ride for the next load. I could definitely get use to this life!

3 comments:

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!