Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm In a Lybberty Daze

The annual Lybberty Days family reunion was this past week and whew, did I overdo it. For starters, I got my first tooth the day we arrived. Who knew your nose could run so much from one little tooth - sheesh. We started off the trip at my Uncle Rick and Aunt Margo's water ski lakes, Last Chance Lakes (check them out on line at http://www.lastchancelakes.com). My mom and dad skied well but my Grandma and Grandpa really tore it up (that's my Grandpa in the picture - I didn't even know grandparents could do that kind of stuff!)

Thursday my folks played 18 holes while my grandma, my cousin Lindsie, and I went to the zoo; another first for me. There sure are a lot of really cool animals there. I liked the monkey's the best.

Thursday afternoon we headed up to Park City to join the rest of the group - 35 of us this year! I got to meet a few cousins for the first time, including the newest addition to our family...my three month old cousin Brody. Yep, we're Bodie and Brody. Guess we'll have to become a famous doubles duo and play in the US Open, that would be kinda cool.

We hiked to 9000 feet. Okay, so I guess I really free-loaded to 9000 feet in the front pack, but it sure was beautiful. Then on the hike down I think we got a little lost - unless my parents were suppose to climb over huge mounds of dirt and traverse through waist-high shrubbery. Don't worry Nana, I was wearing my sunblock and a goofy hat the whole time.

We had a human rodeo where the dads were the livestock and the kids were the cowboys, then a frisbee golf tournament, and the most intense family scavenger hunt I've ever seen. My mom said the start was more chaotic than the Amazing Race. I'm beginning to think I might have been born in to a competitive family.

While my folks played tennis, I hung out with my Aunt Margo. Then I swam, strolled with Grandma and Grandpa, played with my cousins, and posed for a lot of pictures. From start to finish, it was awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Bodie. You have the life! We're heading out west tomorrow. To bad we can't go down the alpine slide together!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!