Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Day for My Dad

Today was awesome. All day long I got to hang out with some of the coolest guys I know - my dad, my grandpa, and my Uncle Nick. Such fantastic luck that my grandpa was visiting from Utah and my Uncle Nick was visiting from Colorado and BOTH were here on Father's Day.
I'm really glad we have a day to honor our dads. My dad is the best. He plays with me all the time, dresses me in stylin clothes - check out my new golf pants in the photo - and takes me to lots of cool places. Even better, he reads to me every night before I go to bed and tells me he loves me.  

For Father's Day, I gave my dad matching swim trunks, so everyone at the pool will know which dad is mine. My grandparents gave my dad a Life is Good shirt that said "Log Off" and showed a guy sleeping and gave me a onsie that said "Night Owl." For some reason, everyone thought this gift was really, really funny. I also gave my dad some golf balls with "Bodie's Dad" imprinted on them. I heard someone say he looses a lot of balls on the course - so now when people find them, they will know who to return them to!

Thank goodness God gave us dads so we'd have someone to fly us like an airplane, teach us funny noises, and show us how to throw a baseball. Right now he's teaching me how to read the paper; I prefer the sports section.

When I grow up, I want to be just like my dad.

2 comments:

  1. Bodeman you're right, you have a great Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Bodie, if you had been named "Bogart" your Dad's golf ball would have read "Bogie's Gag."

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!