Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Weekend of Firsts

This weekend began with my first swim in a swimming pool. I got all decked out in my new swim shorts and shirt from my Grandma. I've been growing, so my shirt not only showed off silhouettes of my biceps, but also allowed my belly to poke out - I hear the ladies dig that. Then we headed to the pool - it was the biggest bath tub I have ever seen. My dad scooped me up and began walking into the pool. I heard him say to my mom, "Any instructions? I guess I shouldn't let go of him, right?" Um yeah dad, please hang on to me, I don't think this swim diaper has a floaty attached to it. I loved it. I even dunked my own face into the pool twice - that water sure tastes funny.

Then Sunday was Mother's Day. This was my mom's first Mother's Day and she was really happy and stuff. My dad and I made her breakfast (I mainly supervised) and then she opened a bunch of cool gifts - running clothes, pink golf balls, new clothes, and I gave her a pair of shoes (though I'm not entirely sure what shoes are, my dad promised me it was a good gift and she seemed excited). We spent the rest of the day at church, with friends, and then went for a stroll. While I've never been alive for a Mother's Day before, I've got to say, this one seemed pretty perfect.

I wrapped up my weekend with my first solid food - a banana. And while I'm told "solid" is a bit of an oxymoron because the thing was so pureed I could have sucked it through a straw, it still counts. The spoon touched my lips and sha-zam! I was in love. I grabbed that spoon, squealed and flung food in every direction - it was awesome. I ate every last bite of that delicious banana.  All in all, this weekend of "firsts" was a blast. I wonder what we'll do next weekend!

1 comment:

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!