Friday, May 7, 2010

Morning Ride

I snapped this photo of Dave as he took off on an early morning bike ride. The picture says it all - he's happy. It is so fun to watch someone you love, loving life.  When I got back from my workout, I found Dave and Bodie having guy time - Dave had rescued Bodie from Baby Boot Sleep Camp (an update on that in a minute). They were snuggled up in our bed, fast asleep with smiles on their faces. While Dave is not always a morning person, he quickly jumped out of bed and decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather for a fast morning ride before work. His last comment as he road off was, "We can take a family ride together this weekend." Bodie has no idea what adventures he's signed up for...

Speaking of adventures, we've just completed night four of Baby Boot Sleep Camp and Bodie is still winning.While we don't take him out of his crib, he's decided he doesn't need sleep. And if he's awake, he figures we might as well all be up. For some reason, he was exceptionally vocal this morning, but I stuck to my guns and did what the books say and didn't go in the room. When I finally did get him, I found him on his belly - he had rolled over and was stuck. He's never rolled over before so this was a big surprise. Fortunately he gave me a big smile when I picked him up. I guess we're still friends, even if I did leave him stranded on his stomach for who knows how long. We may be loosing a few battles in this boot camp, but we are determined to win the war!

1 comment:

  1. I can't decide who's team I'm on. Guess I should be nice and vote for the parentals. :-)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!