Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day Everyone!

I was recently reading about the negative impact my carbon foot print has on earth. And as you can see, I was a bit shocked. I may be little, but I can still make a positive difference for the environment. We need clean lakes for me to water ski on. We need to take care of our mountains so I can bike down them in the summer and snow ski down them in the winter. And we all need our air to be clean so we can breathe as we run and play outdoors.

I am challenging each of you to pick one thing to change this year to improve your carbon foot print. It can be simple - start recycling, call the circular and get your address removed from the junk mail list, bike more instead of drive this summer, use a sponge instead of paper towels - it really is all of the little stuff that can have a huge impact. This year, I'm committed to burping less so my dad gets to do fewer loads of laundry. I'll also be strolling instead of driving (but that's because I can't reach the pedals yet!).  So what one thing will you do this year to keep our planet healthy?

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!