Sunday, May 25, 2014

Bahamas!

I may have mentioned this once or a thousand times before, but I'm pretty sure I belong on an island. There's something about being surrounded by water, blue sky, and palm trees - they definitely call it paradise for a reason. We flew down to the Bahamas last weekend for a quick trip - my mom was itching to travel and my dad said we needed sunshine. 
We had two goals each day - sun and sleep; this was not an overachievers vacation. I am happy to report we reached both our goals. My typical day went something like this: wake up, eat, beach walk, swim, eat, swim, eat, night activity, collapse in bed...repeat. Gates' routine was similar except his included pool or beach naps under some elaborate sun-blocking contraption my parents created out of pool objects (see photo).
 
Pool, beach, basketball, more pool, ping pong, giant checkers, sand crab, more pool - you get the idea. Here are a few of the highlights...

  

The obligatory family jumpers (notice I got air in the second one...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!