Saturday, October 12, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away

Continuing with our "furlough fun" - thanks to a Congress that is acting ridiculous and would ALL be fired if they worked in the private sector - we enjoyed Cox Farm's Fall Festival this week and then headed to Ocean City, Maryland, Lewes, Delaware, and Cape May, New Jersey for a few days.

Cox Farms always delivers a good time and this year was no exception. We went on a Tuesday and found out the best hidden secret - no one goes there on Tuesdays! We were the first people on several of the slides and never waited in a line longer than 3 people - is 3 people even considered a line?!? It was awesome.

My dad figured out that if he slid on his back he got a lot more speed. This new sliding technique provided a lot of comedy as he accidentally hit one of the side hay bails on a slide and proceeded to pinball from side to side until he landed at the bottom where a classroom of kids was hysterically laughing and pointing. Thanks Cox family for sharing your cool farm and letting us come play there year after year.


Ocean City, Lewes, and Cape May are all beach towns which is great UNLESS it is pouring rain so hard you think you should build an ark! Good grief!

We've had FOUR consecutive days of rain which isn't ideal for a fall beach weekend getaway. BUT, as with anything, it's all about your attitude. So I used the past few days as a fantastic opportunity to practice my puddle jumping - which, by the way, I'm getting pretty good at.

Ocean City, Maryland was hosting an enormous outdoor car show...insert the bummer music here...because only a handful of the cars chose to put their cars in the rain. I guess if you have a car worth a gazillion dollars that you haul, rather than drive, places, leaving it out in the rain on the shore of the beach isn't the most ideal conditions for the paint.
So we found an old school arcade on the boardwalk and blew $5. Twenty quarters goes a LONG way in an arcade, especially if you're me and attempt to play skee ball. I threw the heavy wooden balls in several directions, causing a few people to jump. Rarely did the ball go up into the actual game, often ricocheting back at me allowing me another opportunity to throw it. The eight ball, skee ball game lasted a really, really long time. Wack-a-mole was another adventure. My dad watched me play and then grabbed the wacker, pushed me aside, and went crazy. Tickets started flying out of that game like it was broken. My dad is awesome.

Regardless of the rain, we had to enjoy the beach, I even found a football to play with! I guess positive attitudes reap positive rewards!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!