Friday, October 4, 2013

Furlough Fun

When Congress gives you lemons, you make lemonade...at least that's what we've decided to do. Thanks to a bunch of adults who have completely forgotten how to lead OR compromise, my dad has some bonus days off of work. It would be easy to sit at home and be grumpy about this, but not MY dad. He said, "Bonus days off? Yahoo! Let's go have fun as a family!" And that's just what we've been doing.

Yesterday we took a day trip to Pennsylvania to visit the Crayola Factory. We'd heard it was pretty cool and it DEFINITELY lived up to the hype. It's four stories of pure awesomeness. Painting, molding, coloring, boating, jungle gyming, melting, drawing, experimenting, observing, and scoring lots and lots of crayons!

We got to make personalized Crayons - how cool is this...
We climbed into a 50 foot high playland! Even my parents did it and shot out the bottom of the swirly slide.
My mom had so much fun she did her first "jumper" photo post baby #2 (ignore that I was still in jumping position on the ground - I need to work on my timing with the camera).
 
Lastly, people keep asking for photos of my brother, so I'm just including one. Perhaps it's because he's growing like a weed on steroids, folks are interested to see how much he's changing. Well, here are the changes I've noticed. He's MUCH heavier - I can't hold his head up for much more than a few minutes before my arms want to fall off. He's awake a lot more these days and when he's awake, he says a whole bunch of stuff. While their not actual words, his jibberish is pretty easy to understand and I usually know what he's saying. And he smiles a bunch and here's some proof of that...


No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!