Friday, June 1, 2012

Kiss the Giraffe

We started the weekend with some tennis. My parents whacked the ball around while my buddy Jordan and I played in the adjoining park. Not to worry, I jumped in on the tennis-action before the night was through.

I scored big this weekend. I got a fancy plastic pool (my mom says those words don't go together, fancy and plastic) that has a slide and a giraffe. The hose gets hooked up to the giraffe and water trickles out of it's mouth like a waterfall....unless your parents hook the hose up at full force like mine did. Then the giraffe's neck is completely vertical and it fires water out of it's mouth in 15 directions - all at my face's height - like an angry, venomous snake. The water's force is so strong that it stings. Nice job mom and dad. Every time I slid down the slide my dad would yell, "Kiss the giraffe!" I can only imagine what the neighbors on the other side of the fence thought we were doing.

The Nelsons joined us for dinner on Sunday. The Nelson girls make me feel so cool. They chase me around, play cars with me, and I don't even realize I'm 6 to 14 years younger than them!

We hiked out at Great Falls National Park with the Brittains on Monday. They are a so much fun. I chased Noah the entire time, he's fast. We stopped for lunch at this hidden little beach-like area and got to put our feet in the cool water (it was ridiculously hot on Monday). If you are in the Virginia/Maryland area, this park is pretty impressive and the falls look like they're part of a movie set. It's hard to believe downtown Washington, DC is less than 30 minutes away from this spectacular spot. By far, the funniest part of the day was when a total stranger called my mom Pocahontas (Pocahontas, really!?!)

We ended the long weekend with a friendly tennis match with the Stransky/Brown family. While our parents played, Francesca, Fletcher, Mitchell, and me brought our racquets and smashed a lot of tennis balls (as well as the ground, the fence, the bench...). Can every week have a 3-day weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!