Monday, June 18, 2012

Just Me & My Dad

The Father's Day Extravaganza - that title fits for our weekend celebration of my dad. If you know my dad, you know he's awesome. He's my best buddy and I want to be just like him.

We kicked off the weekend with a camping trip. My dad and I put up our 12 man tent. Yep, 12 man. So what if we are only two and a half people. Who doesn't love to stretch out (and do ten consecutive cartwheels without touching the other side), that thing is palatial.

The next morning we rented a row boat and cruised out onto Burke Lake. My mom brought a bag of old bread so I could feed any geese we saw on the lake. Little did she know that once I started throwing the bread out, FLOCKS of geese would swarm our boat - chaos! I LOVED IT! My mom just about passed out from fear of the crazy geese trying to get into our boat. My dad protected himself  with the paddles.

Then we headed home to co-host our rockin' neighborhood block party Saturday night. About 75 neighbors came out for a street BBQ, moon bounce, basketball, and street tag. So much fun! I showed off my serious jumping skills in the moon bounce.


Sunday was the big event and my dad scored some serious loot. Luckily he had me to help rip open the gifts at lightening speed. I made him a card filled with lots of pictures and tracings of all of my favorite cars. After church my dad and I took a two hour nap - us guys needed to recharge after such an action-packed weekend.

We ended the night with a bike ride and stop at the park. Ahhh relaxation, just me and my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!