Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Hunt


 Me and thirteen of my little buddies had an Easter egg hunt at our house this week. While some might think the competition was fierce with so many hunters, it was more like a leisurely stroll. I, for one, was content to find an egg, sit down, open it up, and enjoy the treat inside. Then, if I felt inspired, I would stand up, look around, pick up another plastic egg and repeat the process. This may be why the hunt took about 30 minutes  - with several eggs remaining in plain site until the end.
We also did an Easter craft using plastic flower pots. The one pictured was a definite prize-winner. Most of ours had an extra eye or two and their ears were more creatively placed on the bunny's head. Another attraction was the water jug. My mom put peeps inside the water container and even though I emptied out the entire jug of water on the lawn, I couldn't get a peep to come up - so weird.

Today we went to church to celebrate the reason we have Easter, took a nap on the hammock, opened up the prizes in our Easter baskets, played outside, and went for a bike ride. On the perfect scale, today rated a "10."




                          

My dad and I got remote controlled helicopters in our baskets. I'm sure this seemed like a good idea when the bunny put them in the basket, but now our home has fast-flying objects whizzing around with almost no pilot control AND my parents have turned it in to a competition to see who can land the helicopters on various ledges around the house (I know, no one is surprised by this). I also got a golf club shaped like a carrot stick. This too, I'm sure seemed like a good idea at the time. I have spent the day whacking everything in my path - of course I'm trying to hit the golf ball, but my aim could use some work. "That's what touch up paint is for," my mom says....

My mom got an awesome new women's basketball. I'm sure she'll love it if she can ever get me and my dad to stop playing with it.
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!