Sunday, April 1, 2012

Flying Sharks and Other Stuff

Spring has definitely arrived in DC and we are taking full advantage. We've already logged 60 miles on the bikes as a family and we try to spend as much time outside as is possible. This weekend we road down (okay, so I hitched a ride in the bike trailer) to the National Kite Festival at the Washington Monument. We had a 7' shark kite. He looked pretty tough until the 80' American flag kite showed up; oh well.





There wasn't much wind when we first got there so my dad spent a lot of time running and jumping while tossing the kite in the air - don't tell him but my mom and I laughed a lot. Thanks to his persistence the shark soared into the air and then the wind picked up, so it was a successful kite-flying day. I took the kite reins a few times but when the wind started to blow and the kite flew up high I decided it was best to throw the kite handle in the air and run the opposite direction. This caused my dad to resume his running and jumping behavior, but this time it was to try and catch the kite string as the kite flew away...classic.

When I am indoors, I've become a bit obsessed with my Matchbox cars. I insist on lining all of them up in the exact middle of our floor. This means every single person must walk around or step over them to get by - I have made a perfect obstacle. My parents don't find these skills as clever as I do.





Flowers are popping. Hope everyone is enjoying the start of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!