Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

The only thing better than America is America's birthday - man can this country throw a party.

Our day started off with the neighborhood parade where my buddy Dru and I went as Uncle Sam and the Statue of Liberty. We had an awesome road crew to pull us and our attached homemade Washington Monument - my Aunt Karen, cousin Francesca, my dad, Dru's mom and Dad, and Pop Pop (my Grandpa). Check it out...
A fourth of July family portrait in front of our house.
Me, Dru, and our parade road crew.

Then it was off to the Air Force Memorial to watch the fireworks over the Washington Monument. Pop Pop put me on his shoulders so I could see the thousands of people - whew, there were a lot of people. After the impressive show we headed home and now I'm headed to bed - this birthday party stuff wore me out. One thing is for sure, I am really glad I live in this country, America is one cool place and I'm one lucky kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!