Thursday, December 30, 2010

3 Feet of Snow, 2 Sled Rides, & Me in a Cardboard Box Manger

 Christmas morning we jumped in our car and headed to Vermont - I think I saw Santa's boots going up the chimney because we left so early in the morning. We got there in time for afternoon fun and I made my debut in the cousins' Christmas pageant - yep, I was cast as the baby Jesus. My cousins wanted to make sure I was comfortable in the manger so they let me choose my own costume (notice the sports shirt and striped socks) and allowed me to bring in a prop (my bottle). The play was awesome and contrary to popular anticipation, I never escaped from the manager during the show - see, I can follow directions.

Christmas night it began to snow...and snow...and snow. By the next night the white stuff was taller than me! After we dug out, we played and played and played some more. I tried sledding. For the record, my mom, while a slower sledder, went straight and A LOT further than my dad. My dad went much faster but we always spun out and ended sideways about 30 feet from where we began. Both were fun but I think if I could mix my mom's direction with my dad's wild style, it would be the perfect sled ride.

While I've only tasted snow in a few states so far, I must say I like the fluffiness of the Vermont snow - mmm, mmm, good. My cousins built an enormous snow fort - we're talking 30 feet in length - it was incredible.

My mom and dad played a lot of snow football and my dad used football as an excuse to dive into the snow head first - he's nuts.

This was a fantastic Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. I would just point out that had Christ actually been born in a cardboard box manger that would have marked two miracles for the day and given a much needed boost to Boxing Day.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!