Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hero

My Uncle Nick deployed this week to Afganastan for the second time. Uncle Nick is a doctor in the Army and will be fixing up all of the soldiers who get hurt while fighting in the war. I think he is really cool. I got to play with him this past weekend and he let me try on his helmet. The helmet weighs almost as much as I do. I guess I need to do a few more push-ups before I'm ready to enlist.

He'll be gone for six months which I know is tough, especially over the holidays. My three Colorado cousins and my Aunt Elizabeth are really special to share him with the soldiers. Even though he's a San Diego Chargers fan, Uncle Nick is awesome because he makes lots of funny faces and always wants to hang out with me. I'm going to miss him but I'm glad we can Skype and still "see" each other while he's away.

Thanks for being a hero Uncle Nick!

1 comment:

  1. EVEN though he's a Chargers fan? Don't you mean because he's a Chargers fan? ;) Pretty awesome what Uncle Nick is doing! Pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!