Monday, July 19, 2010

I Love the Rivah!

What an awesome weekend. It got off to an early start with a picnic at the pool with the Briens and Keenans on Thursday night. I got to go swimming with Danny, Patrick, Nick, and Sam. I even showed them my latest trick of swimming underwater. Don't worry Nana, I don't hold my breathe too long.

Then Friday night, we had an unexpected surprise - two college friends of my mom's met up with us for a late-night treat, Margaret and Meg. They were all squealy and stuff, I guess they hadn't seen each other in over ten years. I had a blast, everyone took turns letting me taste their ice cream - that stuff is amazing!

Saturday morning I had a play date with my buddy Tristan while my folks played golf with Tristan's dad and their friend JB. I hear my dad shot a birdie on the last hole. I'm sure hoping several of those words have two meanings, because otherwise, golf seems like a pretty strange and cruel sport.

Then we packed our bags and headed to Heathsville, Virginia to hang out with the Z's for the rest of the weekend. Heathsville is about two and a half hours away from our house and is a little piece of Heaven on Earth. Bob and Donna's house sits right on the river, (but everyone there calls it "The Rivah!") and is surrounded by beautiful tall trees - my mom says their house feels like a Tahoe house. We went for an awesome ride in the boat, my folks water skied, we bird watched, and everyone got to relax and enjoy the scenery. What a cool place.

The most stressful part of the whole weekend was trying to look cool in my life vest. I know their purpose is to keep me afloat in case I suddenly leap out into the water, but do I really need so much foam around my head?!?

Anyway, from start to finish, I was surrounded by lots of fun people and got to do lots of fun stuff. Can we do it again?

1 comment:

  1. It was one of the best weekends we ever had on the rivah. Bodie definitely won the fashion award. Who could compete with such a cool dude? I have a bandana and I have sunglasses but I don't have any illusions that I could quite get the look that Bodie did.

    Bob Z.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!