Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fun at the Farm!

Green acres is the place for me...farm livin' is the life for me! My mom says those are lyrics from a TV show in the '80s (though I'm not sure what lyrics or the 80's are). Anyway, they seem to fit for this post. I got to do my first trip to the family farm. My Nana (my dad's mom) grew up on a cool farm in western Kansas with six brothers and sisters. Two of her brothers continue the tradition and have kept the farm in the family. And when I say "farm," I really mean TONS and TONS of wheat, corn, and milo (that's animal feed). It's a 10,000 acre playground!


The best part of the trip was that it was also the family reunion and I got to meet everyone on that side of the family - almost 100 people! We road ATVs, played volleyball, went to the fair where my cousins won the chicken chase and greased pig contest (so cool!), slip and slided, swam, played soccer, went on a scavenger hunt, roasted a pig, went to a parade, and even survived a Kansas rain storm!

I've never seen so many cool colors in one sunset - the sky looked amazing!
This trip makes eleven states visited so far - not too shabby for a seven month old!

My cousins from Colorado, Montana, South Dakota, Oregon, Nebraska, Arkansas, and Kansas were all there - so awesome. Look out little pigs, I'll be walking next time we visit and can't wait to compete in the under 4-years old greased pig catching contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!