Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hunting, Racing, Laughing

Those three words pretty much sum up our last week, so let's start with the hunting part. Actually, let's start with a totally rational question. Why does everyone think it is totally normal that a Goliath-sized bunny hops around hiding plastic chicken eggs?!?!?!!! I know I am new to earth, but sometimes it takes the new guy to point out the obvious...THIS IS NUTS! But as Bodie tells me, "The plastic eggs are full of treats and other good stuff. Stop asking so many questions Gates and start hunting!" So I did.

We headed to Top Golf for an impressive egg hunt. Clever planning because an
egg and a golf ball are about the same size, so eggs where hidden everywhere. Bodie, after a ridiculous amount of hunting, found one of the coveted golden eggs; that kid is committed. They also had tons of games, a moon bounce, a magician, cotton candy, and endless prizes. We, of course, partook in all of it then headed home.
Our traditional neighborhood Easter egg hunt at our community house was accidentally forgotten this year so we ended up hosting a last-minute version for whoever wanted to show up. We have awesome neighbors - lucky us.

Easter morning was packed with Mass and church. Both services were filled with fantastic messages about Christ and the resurrection. (Okay, side note here. I may have slept through most of mass and church, snuggled up with my blanket in my car carrier, but I am told it was a really spiritual morning.) Then we headed home to dive into our Easter baskets.

I scored a new bike helmet - I think the "Caution" tape design is appropriate in this family - textured balls and tub toys. Bodie got a super hero car, baseball helmets, and some air pumper cars. And then we had to go on a hunt to find these... BIKES!
 I'm told mine doesn't go quite as fast as Bodie's, but I'd like to point out that mine has double the amount of wheels AND eyeballs, which is awesome. This is the last picture we have of Bodie not in motion. Since Sunday, he's been pedaling all over Arlington. He rode a mile without stopping on Wednesday and earned a Matchbox car (leave it up to my parents to make it a competition). I know I'm bragging a lot about him, but not many four-year olds jump on a pedal bike and take off without training wheels, I'm really, really proud of him.
 And while Bodie is racing around the world on his new pedal bike, I like to sit back and do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!