Monday, December 30, 2013

Bark the Herald Angels Sing

"Hey mom, what does 'Bark the herald angels sing' mean?" My mom just started laughing and replied "It's Hark, Bodie, Hark the herald angels sing." Oh, okay, so what does THAT mean? Christmas lyrics are ridiculously hard to learn.

Laughter has erupted several times in our home this holiday season, often when I am singing my heart out to the tunes of the season. "Up on the rooftop reindeers pause, out comes old man Santa Claus...." I'm told it's not correct, but you've got to admit, it makes sense. And "You cause E ate me, Mr. Grinch," has been a popular one for humor. And by humor, I mean laughing at me. "Nauseate, Bodie. It's 'You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch." Um, okay, but what's nauseate?!?!! Every song I learn seems to require a dictionary. Good grief!

Christmas was awesome. My grandma and grandpa came in from Utah and we had a ton of fun. We visited the train displays at the Botanical Gardens, Union Station, and the National Christmas Tree. We saw Santa at his DC workshop on the National Mall in front of The White House. We played soccer, built trains, watched Christmas movies, read books, frosted cookies, played croquet, decorated a gingerbread house, played soccer while watching the airplanes land, strolled through the neighborhood (I scooted) and just hung out.


 

Christmas eve we made and ate our traditional sushi. Then Christmas morning went on for several hours as Gates and I opened our gifts; well, really I opened all of the gifts while Gates sat IN his gift - he got an activity saucer. Continuing on with my mom's childhood tradition, the Christmas breakfast table had the traditional craziness - there is usually something to play with and something to wear while you eat. This year we got ball-shooter guns, elf-like Christmas hats, and mustaches. No, it never makes sense, but the photos are hilarious and it's something we look forward to. One of the big highlights - I got a scooter from my grandparents - can you tell from the picture that I was excited. Once it was opened, off I scooted - FREEDOM!

 
My grandpa looks almost as excited as me when he opened the cotton ball snowman I made him (nice bow on your head, Grandpa!)
It was a ton of fun, and the best part was just having time with people I love. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!