Monday, September 9, 2013

Milestones

We've reached a few milestones in our house this past week - I started preschool and Gates visited his seventh state.

In just seven weeks of life, Gates has already racked up seven states - Virginia, Maryland, Utah, New York, Vermont, New Jersey, and Delaware. I wasn't allowed to travel for my first four months of life, so he has got me beat on this one. For a guy who isn't crazy about his car seat, he did okay on our latest road trip. He slept for all but about 30 minutes - not bad for a pip squeak.

While in Vermont, we picked apples with my Aunt Kathy, raced with my cousin Bridget, and hung out with our fun family. My Aunt Karen came up from Virginia and my Uncle Nick flew in from Colorado - so it was a party...literally! We celebrated my Nana's birthday too! My cousins and I competed to see who could make the goofiest face.


Today was my first day of preschool. I picked my fast red shorts and my Forty Niner t-shirt (you know they won last night!). My teacher's name is Mrs. Brubaker. I got to meet her last Wednesday at the orientation picnic. While touring my new classroom I asked her the one question I had, "Are you a baker Mrs. Brubaker?" She laughed and said, "Actually, I love to make whoopee pies." I have no clue what those are, but I'm sure they're good.
 
The day went great. I kissed my parents goodbye and I was off. Some kids were crying and didn't want their parents to leave - I was too busy checking out the toys, books, and finding the backpack hook with my name on it. I found the name "Boden" above a hook. The teacher doesn't know that Bodie is my real name - or at least that's what I think. Here are the highlights I gave my mom,
"Mrs. Brubaker had more hair today than at the picnic."
"The gym has rules. NO going on the stage and NO crossing the red line with your car...I almost crossed the redline...almost."
"We sang the dinosaur song. I don't remember it. You say 'ROAR' at the end. That is it."
"One girl isn't nice. She took my ball. She should have had a tiny turn and then given it to me for a giant turn."
"Mom, Mrs. Brubaker read a book about mice and paint. Did you know that blue paint and blue paint make purple?"
 
The day was a success! I can't wait for day #2.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!