Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Springing into Spring

There are so many great things about spring. The weather warms up and everyone wants to get together to play - something I love! Lots of fun visits and visitors in the past few weeks, just one more sign that spring has arrived!

We celebrated my Aunt Karen's birthday with a little brunch followed by a
big water gun fight. I'm quickly learning that my head - and more specifically, my eyeballs - are about the height everyone shoots. For most people, those shots hit them in the belly or upper thighs, but for me, it's a bull's eye...in the eye! I took a lot of soaking, but thanks to my cousin Francesca who gave me some cover, I was also able to get a few shots off as well.

We headed to the park for tennis, soccer, and some tackling with the Stransky Brown family. Mitchell, Fletcher, and Francesca are awesome. They shared all of their cool toys with me and even snuck some toys to me at the dinner table - who doesn't want to have a Buzz Light Year at the dinner table!??!

Christine came over and made us the coolest dessert - rice krispie treats wrapped like sushi! She used fruit leather as the seaweed, rice krispies treats as the rice, and gummy worms as the fish inside - how fun is that!?! (Oh, and ignore the fact that my hair looks like Donald Trump's toupee in this picture)

We met up with a bunch of our neighbors for dinner at Red Rocks. And while there were ten adults and only four kids, I think the four of us kids kept the dinner exiting. We used crayons as pretend swords, raced around the table, and ultimately got a few of the dads to join us outside to run. Aren't they lucky we were there so it didn't get boring?

My mom and I also met up with Noah's mom, Lori, for lunch at Good Stuff. Can I just say I love that place. Burgers, fries, and kid-sized milk shakes called "mini moos" - total genius.

Lastly, my Nana and PopPop came for a visit this past weekend. We set up my train,
played Hungry Hippo, read endless books, and played at my cousins' house. My PopPop also taught me how to shave - check it out! (he's pretty daring if you ask me...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!