Sunday, August 5, 2012

49...and 50!

July was the most awesome cousin overload month. I first got to hang out with my three cousins and eleven extended cousins on my mom's side for ten days. Then during the last week of the month we went to Vermont and I played with my nine cousins on my dad's side of the family - yahoo! My parents say I'm still bouncing off the walls like I've been injected with "cousin sugar!"

We held a surprise 49th birthday party for my Aunt Kathy while we were in town. I got to sing my award-winning rendition of Happy Birthday (always a crowd pleaser).

We played soccer and tee ball, swam in my cousins' pool, and collected eggs from the chicken coop. I convinced my grandpa to let me carry one of the eggs from the coop to the house. My egg-handling skills attracted a lot of attention and I got a collected "Oh no!" when I apparently dropped the egg and just kept walking. Thanks to the crowd reaction I realized I had forgotten something, looked around and found the egg miraculously still intact, picked it up and moved on - what was the big deal?

We also had a party for my Nana and PopPop's 50th wedding anniversary - wow. My parents joked that they'll have to make it to their nineties to get that party. Not to worry mom and dad, I've already started planning the celebration. Here are a few family and cousin photos from the day...



No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!