Saturday, December 3, 2011

Now I Know How the Elfs Feel

This season is non-stop, whew! Between Oct 31st and January 16th (just 77 days in case anyone is counting), we have three major holidays, a big Christmas brunch, and three birthdays in our house - not to mention a few trips. Don't get me wrong, I love it. It's just hard to keep up on the blog posts.

I had an awesomely fun play date with the Stransky Brown family - they are funny. We went to Francesca's soccer game, shot baskets, and ran around and around their house. Apparently talking about yourself in the third person isn't normal for a two year old so it prompted lots of jokes later in the evening. I tried to explain that I wasn't tired and said, "Bodie happy, no nap." Then as I ran by everyone in lightening speed I'd yell, "Bodie fast!" And after the frequent crash (from running so fast) I'd say, "Bodie wipeout." My mom says I, and a guy named Bob Dole, have a lot in common, whatever that means. Anyway, thanks Stransky Brown family for such a fun day.
We headed out Thanksgiving morning to Utah for a little Turkey dinner with my Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Rick, Aunt Margo, and cousins Lindsie, Troy, and Mallory. The trip was slam-packed with fun - bowling, a trip to the aquarium, a trampoline bounce house, golf, a visit to see the temple lights at night, a day at the zoo, endless turkey and treats, and a huge birthday party (for me!) where I got my own 49ers football helmet - does it get better than that!
I got off the plane with my turkey hat on. Lots of people pointed and laughed at me - thanks mom. But it made my grandparents laugh, and that was the goal, so i think i'll keep this turkey head around for a while.

My grandpa Jacquie got a new hip two weeks ago. "WHAT??!?!!!" many of you are saying, "I had no ideas!" Exactly. She decided to tell no one so she could spend the time recooperating. She looks good and is moving around great. Her plan is to be golfing this month (if the snow holds off) and then back on snow and water skis in 2012 - what a cool grandma. My dad explained to me that she got a new hip so when I saw her I said, "Nice hip Grandma," because that's what you say, right?

Thanks to the dozens of family and friends who came over on Saturday to help me celebrate my first two years. If the next 98 are anywhere near similar, this is going to be one VERY fun adventure.


 


1 comment:

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!