Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Six.


Bodie is old. He's six. He's been hanging out with my parents for 2,190 days - wow. And because nothing with Bodie is low-key - he is my mom's son, you know - we've been celebrating all month. The highlight of the birthday celebrations was a bowling party with eight of Bodie's buddies. We ate cake shaped like a bowling pin, snacked on bowling pin cookies, and drank from bowling pin water bottles - like I said, nothing is low-key. Thanks to the bumpers, everyone bowled decent and we all had a blast. Oh, this is probably a good time to mention why Bodie has scab artwork across his face.
My dad and I went to get Bodie from school earlier this month. He was so excited to see my dad that he started running at full speed, flung his arms back to jump into my dad's arms and give him a big hug. This would have all been awesome except Bodie tripped and his face absorbed the ENTIRE fall. Yep, pretty gross. His teacher - and several other parents - watched the whole thing and said she got nauseous thinking about it all weekend. Nice. So we left sections of Bodie's skin on the sidewalk and walked home to assess the damage. The impressive part, Bodie didn't cry...at all. Crazy.

My mom came home to find Bodie with multiple blue Transformer band-aids strategically covering his face. My dad may not be a doctor, but man, he sure knows how to adhere band-aids and Neosporin. Bodie wasn't fazed a bit. These pictures were taken after it started healing and looking much better.

Birthday celebrations took place all month and included singing at Sunday school, singing waiters on our cruise (more about that on the next post), and clown cupcakes at school - seriously, I think he was serenaded at least a dozen times. My brother sure knows how to do birthdays right. Lucky me to have you for a big brother - Happy Birthday Bodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!