Monday, July 6, 2015

10 Days of Heaven - Mountain Highlights

This is us. Well, 35 of 37 of us because two people were looking for lost car keys, dealing with the locksmith, calling the car dealership about replacements, setting off their own car alarm, and then ultimately finding the keys on the towel hook on the back of the hotel bathroom door. I'm too short to reach the towel hook on the back of the bathroom door, so no one blamed me, thank goodness. But like I said, this is us. I'm the second newest addition to the group and I can already tell you, there isn't a completely normal one in the bunch - I promise; and that's what makes our annual family reunions so much fun.
We stayed in Park City at The Canyons and spent endless hours outdoors. I was the youngest hiker this year, riding the gondola and chair lift up to the top of the mountain and then hiking back down - about a two mile stretch. We stopped at the pond on the way down to rent paddle boats and fish. Unfortunately the fish are well fed - lots of visitors - so you can see them swim right by the bait on your hook. Well, my big brother got tired of watching them swim by so he walked over and got the
big net used by the staff to help pull a fish in once it's caught. He laid down on the dock and scooped a fish right out of the lake - it was HILARIOUS! The staff said they'd never seen someone do that. I'm pretty sure the fish was surprised as well. Good job Bodie!

We swam, played kickball, red rover, and a fierce game of corn hole. If it can be turned into a competition, our family loves it. Good weather, fun activities, and awesome people - kind of sounds like Heaven to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!