Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Aruba, Jamaica, oooo I Wanna Take ya

Merry Christmas to us! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa, the ten of us enjoyed an early Christmas present and took a family cruise. We headed south to Florida, jumped on a boat, and then just kept going; we went so far south we almost hit Venezuela! We stopped at three islands, Aruba, Curasao, and Princess Kays.

It was a week of non-stop fun - having three awesome cousins to play with was THE BEST! We played mini golf, ping pong, shuffle board, basketball, ate, swam, went to the water slides, snorkeled, dug giant holes in the sand, ate, rode water bikes, fed ostriches, ate, and ate.

My dad won the ship's basketball tournament and my mom won the ship's longest drive golf challenge. And me, I ate a lot of ice cream. 

I practiced a lot of ping pong during the week and what I learned is the ball is very tiny and hard to hit. For a while I used two paddles and just spun around like a tornado. After smashing into the table and hitting myself in the head with a paddle, I decided that wasn't my smartest idea. Maybe if the table were just a little bit shorter.... 

The ostrich farm was awesome. We got to feed them, stand on an egg (did you know the egg won't break even with 300 pounds on top of it - geez!, and get close to a crocodile. We even celebrated my birthday again (and again, and again!)

There is no way to sum up all of the fun we had but my Uncle Rick put this awesome video together with highlights from the trip, check it out: http://vimeo.com/54267549 - Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the awesome Christmas present and the endless memories!




1 comment:

  1. I can totally picture the ping pong incident. What a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!