Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Recap

Tis (already) the season.... Our schedule gets a bit nuts from October through January, so I'm lagging in my posts. Here's a brief recap of the past two weeks.

My Pee Wee school is going awesome. I've learned all of my letters, can correctly count to fourteen (when I get to fifteen I call it "five-teen"), and can do some serious finger painting. We've gone on two field trips - one to an apple picking farm and one to a pumpkin patch at Cox Farm. We've made kites, painted rocks, cooked muffins, and walked a pretend tight rope. If this is what all school is like, the next 18 years are going to be fun! (Do med students get to paint rocks?)

We also scored a visit from our fun friends from Bosnia - Liam and Mary (Todd had to stay home and work this trip). While brief, we packed it full of bike rides, tackling each other, and train-playing.

Christine made us dinner one night and came to hang out with me. She's the best - really, who just makes you dinner and comes to play? So cool.

Most of our Halloween decorations are up. We have a big, furry spider that drops down from the front door when you make loud noises so I like to stand near it and jump and yell - my mom said the spider may not survive until Halloween, I wonder if he's sick?

We attended the annual "heart picnic" hosted by the hospital. I got to hang out with Dr. Shen, the awesome doctor that repaired my heart and gave me my power line. He's so incredibly cool, WAY cooler than any superhero. (Geez I was tiny!)
 

And then we scored a bonus visit from my Grandpa! He had a last-minute work meeting in DC, so I filled the gaps between his meetings - bike riding, soccer, cars, and time in the hammock. He's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!